Thursday 23 August 2012

Why do I/We love woodworking?

It is so compelling because it is one of the vital thing in human gene.
Could you create tools, make rules, gather food, or work with wood? Could you weave clothes, protect your toes, fight off a beast, or know which direction is east?
These were all in the day to day living of early human being.
Civilizations has brought these essentials almost ready available to any common man now.
To me and enthusiastic like me, Life is living with all the above.
And we some way or the other try to accomplish these feelings with modern approach.


Some of the comments I admired...
I enjoy the technical challenges, and making something that will last for generations, and is useful.

Worked in computers and electronics all my life. You can toil all day but when you go home there is little tangible evidence that you even existed. Maybe it’s ego but woodworking verifies your existence. It says- “Look, I made this!”

I like making stuff, though the whole chick angle sounds pretty good too ;)

I must be doing it wrong, no money, fame or chicks. I do it to detox from my job as a corrections supervisor and for the feeling you get from the journey through each step to completion.

Hope this blog will be a good place to share our work and learings.

Welcome :)







1 comment:

  1. Good work. If I want to start with some hobby wood work. I really want to build a wooden book shelf something like this link...
    https://www.urbanladder.com/products/babylon-floor-wall-shelf?sku=FNSGBR12WL30005&src=room
    How do I start? Can you please advise?

    ReplyDelete